AEER Governing Bodies
Journal "Engineering Education"
CERTIFICATION OF PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS
/ Strategy and Tactics of HEI Management in Conditions of Modernization
Scientific and Methodical Seminar "Strategy and Tactics of HEI Management in Conditions of Modernization"
19-20 January 2010, Krasnoyarsk
Seminar was organized by Tomsk Polytechnic University (TPU), the Association for Engineering Education of Russia (AEER), HEIs Rectors Council of Krasnoyarsk Krai, Siberian State Aerospace University (SibSAU), Federal state educational establishment “Siberian Federal University” (SFU). The representatives of AEER, Ministry of Education and Science of Krasnoyarsk Krai, rectors, vice-rectors, directors of branches participated in the seminar.
- G.P. Belyakov - Professor, Chairman of HEIs Rectors Council of Krasnoyarsk Krai, Rector of SibSAU;
- S.A. Podlesny – Professor, Chairman of AEER Regional department of Krasnoyarsk Krai, Vice-Rector of SFU;
- Y.P. Pokholkov - Professor, AEER President, Head of Chair of Organisation and Technology of Higher Professional Education of Tomsk Polytechnic University (National Research University of Resource-Effective Technologies);
- V.A. Pushnykh – Associate Professor of Tomsk Polytechnic University;
- M.V. Korovkin - Professor of Tomsk Polytechnic University;
- S.I. Gerasimov - Professor of Siberian State Transport University.
- Approaches to the formation and implementation of HEIs comprehensive development programs (presenter – Y.P. Pokholkov);
- HEI corporate culture (presenter – Cand.Tech. Sc., Associate Professor of Tomsk Polytechnic University V.A. Pushnykh);
- Quality management system of specialists training and scientific research in HEI (Dr. Ph.-Math. Sc., Professor of Tomsk Polytechnic University M.V. Korovkin);
- International public and professional accreditation of educational programs of specialists training in engineering and technology (presenter – Dr. Tech.Sc., Professor of Siberian State Transport University S.I. Gerasimov).
Seminar plenary sessions alternated with round tables in these areas.
Seminar participants noted:
- topicality of problems discussed during the seminar to address issues of improving quality of advanced training of specialists and university management;
- increase of universities role in formation of national innovative system of Russia with their main goal of quality training of innovation-oriented specialists-bearer of new knowledge in priority areas of science, engineering and technology;
- need of universities transition to the principles of strategic management that allows to raise their competiveness and become leaders; implementation of these principles requires willingness to introduce various innovations, as one cannot maintain and increase competitive advantages without it;
- great efforts for preparation and conduct of AEER seminar of its Regional Department of Krasnoyarsk Krai and HEIs Rectors Council of Krasnoyarsk Krai.
To solve the problems related to development of strategy and tactics of HEI management in conditions of economy modernization, the seminar participants recommends:
- Universities to improve the work of defining of strategy and tactics of HEI management, elaboration of comprehensive development programs and their implementations, formation of HEI quality system and corporate culture, preparation of education programs to international accreditation, and use in this the potential of AEER, Tomsk Polytechnic University and other higher educational institutions of the country.
- AEER in close cooperation with the Council of HEIs Rectors to hold a series of seminars and trainings in regions on the topical questions of higher professional education with participation of educational institutions staff, representatives of regional management structures of higher professional education and others interested in the improvement of engineering education.
- To consider the formation of succession pool as an important task for universities development. Taking in account that at TPU Chair of Organisation and Technology of Higher Professional Education is established, to send representatives of succession pool for core education, retraining and qualification improvement.
- In order to acquaint public at large with the recommendations of this seminar, to put them on the web-sites of AEER and HEIs Rectors Council of Krasnoyarsk Krai.